West Greenland Ice Odyssey: Glaciers and Icebergs on Ultramarine
Immerse yourself along the dramatic coast of West Greenland with this epic 10-day adventure. Explore the immense fjords and stunning islands of Disko Bay and Qeqqata, visiting Sisimiut, Ilulissat and Ittileq along the way, all rich in local culture. Find yourself coasting by massive glaciers and sculpted icebergs while enjoying all the comforts of the Ultramarine – your vessel on the icy seas. At the peak of summer, you’ll enjoy long sunny days, clear vistas and loads of opportunities to see ringed, harp and possibly hooded seals, as well as various Arctic birds, including the black guillemot, Arctic tern, northern fulmar and snow bunting. You might even see some humpback, minke and fin whales!
- Travel deeper into Disko Bay and the Eternity Fjords than any other travel operator! On your journey aboard the Ultramarine, you’ll be looking out for Arctic wildlife like whales, seabirds and seals.
- If the conditions are right, you’ll even get to see the stunning panoramic views from above on the twin-engine H145 helicopters aboard the ship – who else can say they’ve experienced this landscape from the air?
- Immerse yourself in Greenlandic culture by exploring small towns surrounded by sea and mountains – maybe even take up a soccer game with the villagers in Itilleq.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Sermeq Kujalleq (Jakobshavn Glacier) and maybe opt to take on a few of the nearby hiking trails for epic views.
- Take advantage of the many optional activities, like mountain biking in Sisimiut or hiking to the basalt columns of Qeqertarsuaq. In your down time, you can relax on board with the huge array of amenities like the gym, the spa and the library.
- Adventure and Active
As a responsible business, we've always been committed to being there for our travelers and the communities we visit. So, you can trust that when you travel with us, we won't just be there for you ...