Greenland Explorer: Sail and Soar the Alpine Arctic (Ultramarine) on Ultramarine
This trip is defined by the awe-inspiring scenery of Greenland that makes you ooh and ahh. But there's more to this arctic wonderland than fabulous fjords, snow-capped mountains and arctic tundra, the history and culture that's still celebrated here today will be sure to wow you as well. Discover quaint villages where locals remain steadfastly faithful to their hunting and fishing heritage. Get the opportunity to listen to their stories, hear their music, taste their food, learn about their hunting traditions, and perhaps even join a friendly game of soccer. Ohh and the wildlife, did we mention that yet? Fingers crossed the likes of marine mammals such as polar bears and humpbacks will make an appearance if you're lucky!
- Marvel at dramatic cliffs, towering icebergs, snow-capped peaks and blooming fields as you cruise the arctic coastline in the comfort of our expedition ship.
- Do your best to spot fascinating marine mammals like polar bears and humpback whales as you explore the depths of the fjord systems that are home to an abundance of wildlife.
- Enjoy a Greenland Ice Sheet Experience and become one of the few people to set foot on this incredible body of ice as you explore the Ice Sheet, hike the foothills and cruise or paddle the surrounding waters.
- Visit Kujataa UNESCO World Heritage Site, which is a living history lesson in Viking farming and visit the charming Qassiarsuk, a small sheep farming settlement where you can gain insight into the fascinating lives of sheep farmers here.
- Get to know the local people of Aappilattoq, perched on the shores of Prins Christian Sund (Ikerasassuaq), who remain steadfastly faithful to their hunting and fishing heritage.
- Adventure and Active
As a responsible business, we've always been committed to being there for our travelers and the communities we visit. So, you can trust that when you travel with us, we won't just be there for you ...